Sunday, September 5, 2010

Birth of Nemesis...

For my final project I had to show my brainchild... Name is Nemesis... for this first machine of the 'Reject' class of machines... With the 3 other upcoming machines (depending on whether i got enough funds for them...) being Outlaw, Deviant and Vigilante, you should be able to now understand why i gave the class such a horrible name T.T...

Based on a WWII Soviet T-34 tank, it has two sets of idler wheels on the front and back on both sides, while both sides had a set of 5 wheels. Propulsion comes from the 4th set of drive wheels.

Initial plan was for the wheel to run on tracks with track guides running down the centre of each track. However, due to complexity of the set-up and limited time, a pair of skirts are incorporated in order to prevent the tracks from falling out.

Two sets of batteries are used in the machine, one for circuits and the other for motor drive. Remote control used for controlling the vehicle. Pivot steering used to change direction and 5 different speeds for moving forward ONLY.

Many ask me... why not make a fully enclosed body for it plus a movable turret with an operational gun??? Simple... I am not required to and I got no time, money for it. The body is intentionally exposed so that people can see the inside clearly.

Here is the picture of my little beauty...

No comments:

Post a Comment